Beautiful pair of figurines by E&A Müller, Germany (1890-1927).
Man and woman in period dress/outfit, holding birds (doves?).
Exceptional detail from the facial expressions to flowers in the woman's hat.
Backstamp was used from 1895+
Though we have dated this to early 1920's, they may be older.
In very good condition - one bird on man's base has a chipped wing (see photo), there's a small paint chip on back of woman's base (see 3rd photo), and woman's arm is not as well glazed as other (manufacturing or repair, however, we cannot see any repair work).
Woman - 25cm (9.84") tall
Man - 26cm (10.24") tall
*Eduard Müller was born as son of a glassworks owner and between 1869 and 1873 went to secondary school in Saalfeld and later received an education as businessman, finishing 1874. He joined the army for a year and afterwards started to work as an accountant (1877 until 1882) before becoming director of the factory owned by the US-based New York and Rudolstadt Pottery Co. Inc., the ⇒Porzellanfabrik Rudolstadt Straus & Söhne A.G. in Rudolstadt. In 1890 Müller is then claimed to have founded his own factory in Schwarza. At that time he also started to work with and for the local Chamber of Commerce, later becoming a member of the city council. He died around 1912.
There is no further information available at the moment other than that they produced luxury porcelain and had about 200 workers in 1913. Fact is that they were taken over by the Porzellanfabrik Schönwald A.G. in 1927, shortly before that company itself merged with the Porzellanfabrik Kahla. The factory in Schwarza-Saalbahn was for a short time used as subsidiary by the Schönwald A.G. and there are reports that the factory still employed 75 workers in the year 1930 before it finally closed around 1938. - porcelainmarksandmore.com
Shipping from Canada
3-5 business days
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and cancellations
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
I don't accept exchanges
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We may send you an email and/or message to confirm your order and shipping address, or to reply to an email/conversation sent by you. Etsy may send you an email when an item you have favourited or put in your shopping cart is on sale if you have opted in on this feature - we will not email or message you personally about any offers unless requested to do so.
Your privacy is important to us, and we will not compromise that right.
Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, we ship within Canada and to the United States only.
What do I do if an item arrives broken?
Do not return the item back to us, or discard the item or any of the packaging. Take pictures of the broken item, the packaging, and, if possible, the postage label with address, and send these photos to us in email or Etsy message. These are very important for insurance and refund purposes.