Antique, French Carriage Alarm Clock.
In original case, and with key.
Possibly a Duverdrey & Bloquel as per right facing lion stamp on back (see photo).
Beveled glass front, sides and back.
Engraved on back with what appears to be a P or SF and RA Made in France.
This clock is in working condition, but should be serviced at some point.
Very small chip on corner of glass on front - not really noticeable except on very close examination.
Brass shows patina (we do not clean any metal items).
Case has deep purple velvet lining - does show wear, and has initials engraved on top (see photo).
Case - 10,7cm (4.21") wide x 10cm (3.94") deep x 14,8cm (5.83") high.
Clock - 8cm (3.15") wide x 6,2cm (2.44") deep x 10,6cm (4.17") high with handle down (13cm (5.12") with handle up).
*We have dated this as 1920's, but this could very well be older as many Duverdrey & Bloquel clocks were unsigned (except possibly with the lion) until 1928-1932 when the clocks were stamped with the names Duverdrey & Bloquel - Bayard, and then only Bayard was kept along with the logo of the walking lion.
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We may send you an email and/or message to confirm your order and shipping address, or to reply to an email/conversation sent by you. Etsy may send you an email when an item you have favourited or put in your shopping cart is on sale if you have opted in on this feature - we will not email or message you personally about any offers unless requested to do so.
Your privacy is important to us, and we will not compromise that right.
Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
At this time, we ship within Canada and to the United States only.
Do not return the item back to us, or discard the item or any of the packaging. Take pictures of the broken item, the packaging, and, if possible, the postage label with address, and send these photos to us in email or Etsy message. These are very important for insurance and refund purposes.