Stunning, large Fred Zimbalist music box.
"Brass or bronze plated in golden-nickle silver solution in brilliant motifs, and hand pin-pointed throughout' - made in India.
The outside of this box shows engraved designs of birds and flowers from top to part bottom (the middle of bottom/underside is a rich blue velvet-like material (same as inside).
The inside of lid is a beautiful, hand painted enamel scene of zebras and trees.
The inside of the box is lined with a soft, rich blue, velvet-like material.
It has a Thorens Swiss movement music box playing two songs - La Paloma and The Tales Of Hoffmann - paper showing 'Thorens' and song titles still attached.
Comes with original paper with description/history of Zimbalist music boxes.
This box is in very good condition - small discolouration on metal (may come clean, but we do not alter metal material by cleaning), and a small white spot inside box (see photo) (again, may come clean but we have not tried).
Music box works well.
Overall dimensions - 26,5cm (10.43") wide x 19,5cm (7.68") deep including hinge and front clasp x 8,5cm (3.35") high
Jewelry/trinket area - 14,5cm (5.70") wide x 15,5cm (6.12") deep x 6,5cm (2.56") high measured from inside
Weighs 2.75kg (6.06lbs)
Because there are no two alike, you will not find another like this one.
Would make a wonderful Christmas gift, or a beautiful addition to a music box collection.
Shipping from Canada
1-3 business days
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and cancellations
Just contact me within: 5 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
I don't accept exchanges
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We may send you an email and/or message to confirm your order and shipping address, or to reply to an email/conversation sent by you. Etsy may send you an email when an item you have favourited or put in your shopping cart is on sale if you have opted in on this feature - we will not email or message you personally about any offers unless requested to do so.
Your privacy is important to us, and we will not compromise that right.
Information I Collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, we ship within Canada and to the United States only.
What do I do if an item arrives broken?
Do not return the item back to us, or discard the item or any of the packaging. Take pictures of the broken item, the packaging, and, if possible, the postage label with address, and send these photos to us in email or Etsy message. These are very important for insurance and refund purposes.